Reload this Page >

Trendy Restaurants in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:54 AM
richardab

So what is the latest trendy restaurant in Paris?

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:21 AM
Wendy

While in Paris recently we heard a lot of hype about Spoon (?) and Buddah Bar.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 02:16 PM
richardab

We already have reservations at Spoon and Man-Ray, I don't like Buddah Bar. Any more ideas?

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:28 PM
Jocelyn

Hi Richard...<BR><BR>If you're looking for a trendy place I would highly suggest Hotel Costes. Both the restaurant and the bar are 'hip' and full of attitude. Personally, I did not care for Man-Ray--beautiful to look at but the service left much to be desired and I really don't think its as cool as it tries to be. There is a place right across the street from Man-Ray that's supposed to be new and trendy--not Nobu but something else. I don't remember the name but I remember seeing it and reading about it. Have you tried L'Avenue, Georges, or Cafe Marly? Also anything with Alain Ducasse's name attached is supposed to be hip right now too. Have a great time!

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 08:21 AM
richardab

So far we have planned ManRay, Spoon, Hotel Costes and a place call Cafe Galleria Renoma, Has any one heard of the Cafe Gallerie Renoma?

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Jocelyn

Richard,<BR>I have not heard of the place you mentioned. Have you heard of Cantine du Faubourg? Evidently it is where Chelsea Clinton, Madonna, and Gwyneth Paltrow partied after the recent Versace show (and where Chelsea debuted her new and improved look). I am going to Paris in two weeks and would like to try some new places.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 12:35 PM
richardab

i am still lookin'

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 12:42 PM
tryomg

Maybe this is a joke (not your post, my response), but I have come across references to the Virgin Megastore's restaurant???? One reference was in a somewhat dated Eyewitness guide, I think, and another reference might have been on this board. Probably not fine dining, but ... (Just trying to help).

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:00 AM
pitner

Hi richard,<BR>Sounds like you know your way around Paris.<BR>Will be in Paris in March. Could you give me the address,metro for Spoon? Also reservations number. I am looking for trendy places to take teens (16-18) for dancing and maybe a meal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:16 AM
karen blixen

anyone hear of Chez Papa?

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:17 AM
xxx

Spoon Food And Wine<BR>14, Rue de Marignan<BR>Paris 8e<BR>Metro: Franklin Roosevelt<BR>Tel. when in Paris: 01 407 63 444<BR>Closed Sat/Sun<BR>Reservation at least one month ahead recommended.<BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Jean

Right near Spoon is the new restaurant of the moment called Market-I forget who the chef is and haven't tried it yet......<BR><BR>Market <BR>15 av Matignon 75008 <BR>Afficher le plan - Ajouter au carnet d'adresses 01 56 43 40 90<BR><BR>Also have heard good thingsabout Jasmin in the 16th<BR><BR>Restaurant<BR>Jamin<BR>01.45.53.00.07< BR>32, rue Longchamp<BR>Paris 16th ardt<BR> <BR>Also, I ran across an interesting restaurant site for Paris-it has most of the biggies....<BR><BR>http://www.gourmetsociety.com <BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:14 PM
Gayle

Oooo. I loved Georges in the recently re-opened Pompadou Center. Very contemporary decor, beautiful view, lovely menu and the best mashed potatoes I have ever tasted in my life. Also, we celebratd a very special birthday at Alain Ducasse in the Plaza Athenee. This is high, fine, classical French dining but with a fresh and modern twist. Extremely expensive and reservations required months in advance. Another trendy(ish) spot is Maceo which though neighbourhood-y, is fun and has great food. Bon appetit!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:02 PM
Katherine

The trendy places are known among the insiders. By the time tourists such as yourself Richard frequent such establishments they are overrun with wannabes such as yourself.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
TiredOf

This is the second time that I have seen a bitchy post from this Katherine person.Take a nice pill and behave yourself!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:16 PM
ItsTrue

Katherine does have a point. A lot of times there are restaurants are written up in magazines. By the time you go and eat it has already been "discovered" and you are sitting next to Milt and Martha from Omaha.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:19 PM
Mickey

Try McDonalds or Burger King. They will fit your bill.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:21 PM
Martha

HEY YOU!! I don't appreciate that one bit! What is the problem with sitting in a restaurant with Milt and me ???<BR>Last time my Milt and I were in Paris, we went to the Buddha Bar.They were very nice to us.My Milt had to take his pills regular like and they were real good about giving him water that was clean and we watched all the skinny girls flirting with the boys.Although I will tell you one thing, my boys Milt Jr and Marty, they wash their hair every day,not like those boys in Paris.<BR>So you watch out who you are talking about here...My Milt isn't going to like this one bit, I'll tell you!<BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:27 PM
x

LOL, funny!!!!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:46 PM
Ursula

Gayle: The Georges has been open for some time already, i.e. before the CP was refurbished. Upon my last visit, I was a bit disappointed. Loud house music in the middle of the afternoon, very snippy waiter. But still, the mashed potatoes are definitely worth a try, so is the view. However, the prices have gone up considerably since I've been there for the first time back in 1998 or so.<BR><BR>Somebody been to Pershing Hall in the 8th? It's also a hotel. Supposed to be very trendy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -