Travelling in Le Marche

Jul 17th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

Travelling in Le Marche

Can anyone please give me information about parking in the following towns in Le Marche (in August) - Ascoli Piceno, Ancona, Loreto, Fano and Pesaro. I will be driving on my own and would like to be as prepared as possible! I am quite happy to park and walk - I don't need to park in the central square of town!! The places I plan to visit in Ancona are near the port e.g. the Arch of Augustus.
Thank you!
Pam
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:13 AM

You can use www.mappy.com to locate parking lots. Enter your city, click more services on the left-hand side after the map loads, then click car park.
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:23 AM

Take a GPS with you. In the good ones, you'll find all the parking lots listed. It will guide you right where you want.
Jul 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both - I'm getting lots of information from Mappy - and might just ask Santa for a GPS for next year!!
Pam
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM

The more expensive GPS include the European maps which can cost less than purchasing the cheaper models and then buying the maps.
Jul 18th, 2007, 06:21 AM

You are also going to Urbino, aren't you? It is spectacular, a "must-see" and is not far from Fano.
Jul 19th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Yes, will be staying in Urbino and exploring from there - so much to see and so little time off work! - that's why all the extremely useful information that Fodorites can give is so wonderful in helping to get the most out of a holiday!