My husband and I (both 27) are finally doing our dream trip to Europe this spring. We have already booked our flights, so we will be landing in Paris on May 2 and flying out of Rome on May 24.
My dream trip has always been Italy, so that will be the focus of this trip, but in recent years I've been really drawn to France, which is why are starting our trip in Paris. We'd like to spend 4-5 days in France and then head to Italy where we want to see as much as possible in the time remaining. So here are the places that are a must for us:
- Paris (how long do we need here to see the big POIs? Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Luxembourg Gardens, etc)
- Provence (I'm not sure what this looks like with our time frame, but I'd LOVE to at least get a glimpse of Provence. Perhaps we travel from Paris to Provence and then scoot over to Italy?)
- Cinque Terre
- Milan (Not sure about this one)
- Lake Como
- Rome (How long do we need here to see the main POIs?)
- Amalfi Coast
- Naples (Is it worth it?)
- Any other's I'm missing?
Ok, so that's what we're looking at. I really don't want to miss anything, but at the same time don't want to feel like we're flying through and not getting to absorb much. We are travelling on somewhat of a budget, but not "backpacking". Will be staying in low to moderately priced hotels (not hostels), but will be trying to do things as inexpensively as possible.
Any help or advice would be SO appreciated! Thank you!!
P.S. My husband and I have only been to Europe once before, to Greece last summer, so we don't have much experience there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://www.healthdietalert.com/body-boost-garcinia/
- 2 10 Days in Austria
- 3 Valentine Day Gift for Girlfriend 2018
- 4 bodyweight reduce applications
- 5 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 Help with Venice Trip?
- 8 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 9 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 10 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 13 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 14 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 15 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 16 Greece in end October
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 Favorite London memories
- 23 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
Traveling to Europe to see France and Italy - Need Advice!