Reload this Page >

Traveling alone to Rome & Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:19 AM
Carol

Even though I'm married, my husband has no interest in going to Italy with me in Sept. so I'm think of going alone. Any advise to someone who has done this?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
zootsi

My wife and I just came back from Italy, and visited Rome and Florence. Both cities were quite safe, and you should be absolutely fine traveling alone. The biggest concern might be finding your way around, especially in Rome. Getting lost very easy to do, but we never felt in any kind of danger. You might want to consider a few days in Tuscany to unwind between cities - both Rome and Florence are very intense. Get your husband to go - he'll never forget it!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:44 AM
GAC

You have tons of museums and churches to visit in Rome and Florence! No time to get bored or feel lonely! These cities are perfectly fine for solo travelers.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:47 AM
Holly

Traveling solo is not a problem. You may love it! But if you really want your husband to go, maybe you should print out Lucy's thread re Giancarlo and tell him to read it. That might change his mind in a heartbeat.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:57 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>I've been to Rome and Venice on my own and I've traveled to Florence on my own before joining my friend.<BR>Don't worry, it's pretty easy and while on my own I never felt unsafe or conspicuous.<BR>I have files on Florence and Rome; if you'd like to see them, email me<BR>My one general piece of advice for the solo traveler is to pack light--you have to manage the bag yourself. The hardest part is on and off trains, through stations, from terminals to hotels, etc.