Reload this Page >

Travel to Powerscourt

Search

Travel to Powerscourt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:46 AM
James

Travel to Powerscourt

My parents are planning a trip to Ireland and want to visit Powerscourt (family from there several generations ago). They are going as part of a tour but will have free time while in Dublin. Is there a way for them to get there without renting a car? (age restrictions) Any suggestions on taxis, bus, car w/driver?

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 12:06 PM
not-the-real-topper

Glad to see we're getting back to helping people today. Let's keep answering people's travel questions. <BR> <BR>(James: I don't know the answer but I've just "topped" your post.)

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 02:06 PM
celine

James, <BR>I visited there last March...toured around Wicklow for a weekend...it was the first time I was in this part of the country and it was one of the most enjoyable weekends I had in ages. It's a pity they can't do a whole weekend in Wicklow--lots to see. Back to your question though, Powerscourt is in Enniskerry, not far from the city centre in Dublin. I'm pretty sure there is a bus that can bring them there for a tour. I'll try to find out for you (we were driving)...in the meantime, check out this site that could possibly have some answers for you...www.localireland.com If you or they have further questions, let me know or send me an e-mail.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 02:13 PM
celine

James, <BR>I just realized, I left you the wrong web-site address in my previous message...it's www.local.ie <BR>Good luck...

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Jen

James <BR> <BR>you should check out their website http://www.powerscourt.ie/ <BR> <BR>and e-mail them. I am sure they will help you with the travel arrangements.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Dave

You can find bus (coach) schedules at www.buseireann.com

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 01:26 PM
James

There is a bus, as my cousin took it from Dublin to Powerscourt last year. But don't know any specifics. Sorry.