Reload this Page >

Travel insurance?

Search

Travel insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Karyn

Travel insurance?

I am booking my own trip to Greece, and want to purchase travel insurance in case of a need for cancelations. Does anyone know how I can obtain such a policy?<BR>Thanks

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Cindy

Karyn, do a search here on "travel insurance". You'll get lots of hits. I did that and got insurance for our upcoming trip through Travelex. No problem. You'll get lots of other companies to try by doing a search. Have a great trip!<BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Sherry

I purchased travel insurance from TravelGuard. This was the first time I have ever bought this kind of insurance. I picked them because they have a "change of mind" clause that will allow you to get up to $250 per person back for any reason whatsoever if you cancel a trip. We took advantage of a discount on our upcoming trip. If we prepaid our apartment by a certain date, we received a substantial amount off the cost. My husband and I will get $500 back if we cancel which will just about cover the cost of the apartment. Of course, this is the only money we put up front. You have to read all of the conditions of all policies you consider.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:55 AM
xxx

I don't recommend TravelGuard. I used them for years, and had only one claim with no problem. Then I had a claim from late last year. Only about $400. They demanded documentation that had nothing to do with the claim, asked for one item three times, then finally paid about $15 short. I finally (after four months) got them to explain the shortage (their error) and agree to send the balance. Still waiting. Won't use TravelGuard again.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Lillie Harty

www.ryanair.com is Europe`s biggest low cost airline and they also sell travel insurance on their site.You get a print-out and that is all you need when travelling.I got cover to-day for my daughter going from London to South Afrcia for 2 weeks for $105.