Search

travel guides

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 05:41 PM
Tricia

travel guides

Can anyone recommend any travel guides for London? Thanks for your help!

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 06:45 PM
Barb

Are you looking for quidebooks or guidepersons? My husband and I went to London this year, and it seems I must have read 20 guidebooks! The best were Fodor's "Exploring London", Frommer's "London From $85 A Day, and Dorling Kindersley's "Eyewitness Guide London" (great for architectural and historical info). Try your public library for a great sampling at no cost; then just buy the ones you like most--also a good source for travel videos. Be sure to check out London's official web site: www.londontown.com Barb

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 07:02 PM
mr

Access London and Fodors have always been sufficient for us.Unless you are referring to a person,then I am not of any help

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Erica

Hi Tricia,<BR>I found Fodors 'pocket guide' to London quite useful -- and the size was just perfect to tuck away in by bag!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 03:17 AM
BTilke

We have the Time Out, Frommers, Fodors and Eyewitness guides. Eyewitness has the nicest pictures, but Time Out has by far the most up to date information, especially in its reviews of attractions, hotels and restaurants. Time Out produces consistently good guides--their guides to Brussels (where I live) is very accurate and the Paris guide also is spot on.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 03:56 AM
M&J

In addition to the previously mentioned travel guides, we also read Rick Steves "London" Guide and found it very useful.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 03:57 AM
Sandra

Well I found London for Dummies to be the best all around book for info, eyewitness are good too. I Have to say that the worst guide books I ever purchased were the Rick Steves Books. Frommers are also good , but London for Dummies was by far the best