Travel Guard Insurance

Search

Travel Guard Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Guard Insurance

Have any of you used Travel Guard trip insurance? If you ever made a claim, how did it go? I am thinking of taking out just the medical option with a fairly high deductible. Comments? Thanks!
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:42 AM

I looked at Travel Guard but decided to go with CSA, which had better benefits for what I wanted.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:52 PM

I've used Travel Guard several times and made a claim once. We cancelled a trip that we were supposed to take right after September 11. Travel Guard had decided to allow people to cancel for any reason for one month after and give a full refund. I called to tell them we had decided to cancel and we got our money back. It was simple and the person I spoke with was very helpful. I would definitely use them again.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I used Travel Guard last summer because I needed trip interruption insurance and default insurance. Travel Guard WAS the ONLY company that had default insurance. Peter Greenberg always mentions that when he is talking about travel insurance on television. I think there is another company offering default now but I don't know which one. This came up a few weeks ago so you might want to locate that thread as there were quite a few responses. I didn't have any claims but I had them send a brochure so I could read all the fine print before I purchased. If you buy from them and are buying for more than one person you need to do it all together as there is/was $5 fee per transaction.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:48 PM

I always use Wallach and Co. I take out the best medical I can find before a trip,even though my insurance will pay for medical services in Italy. The question is "When will they pay?" To me it is worth the money to have a company that is prepared to take care of hospital bills, etc. I have never used it, so I have wondered if I have a sense of false security. This year I may want trip cancellation insurance (I never wanted this before) so I may look into Travel Guard. I definitely think a travel medical policy is a good idea.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:49 PM

Bought Travel Guard for a trip to Belize. Sure enough, ended up in hospital and had to cancel. Had to fill out some paperwork, get some doctors to give letters, but 2 weeks after I sent off claim information received check as promised. Would recommend and use again.