Reload this Page >

travel from Paris to Southern Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Phyllis

We are flying in and out of Paris from the states. Would like to rent a car and travel to Southern Italy and stay in a chalet and then sightsee from there. Any suggestions as where to go on the way and where to get the chalet.We will have to go back to Paris to come home.We won't have but about 10 days. thanks

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 06:00 PM
youcantbeserious!

I don't ususally write here but I'm compelled to. Phyllis, you can't be serious! Why would you fly in and out of Paris if you goal is to be in Southern Italy? I mean this as a serious question, I am not a troll. <BR> <BR>If I were you I'd consider flying into Naples or Rome and have a more relaxing vacation. There's plenty to do there in 10 short days that will certainly tempt your travel palate. <BR> <BR>Relax!!

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 06:18 PM
NoBrainer

Phyllis dear: <BR> <BR>Nice try at trolling. Or, if you're not a troll, nice try at a vacation. <BR> <BR>1. If southern Italy is where you want to tour, fly to southern Italy. <BR> <BR>2. There are no chalets in southern Italy. "Getting one" will therefore be a huge obstacle to your trip. <BR> <BR>3. Ten days minus six for travel will leave you with four - not much, huh? <BR> <BR>4. Back to the drawing board, Phyllis, and buona fortuna. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Linda

Phyllis, besides all of the obstacles already mentioned, very few rental car companies will let you take a car from France into Italy. (Time to rethink your plan? )

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Cleo

Hey Phyllis, <BR> <BR>I just happen to have a nice Swiss Chalet on the Amalfi coast. <BR> <BR>"Call me" <BR> <BR>Cleo

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Phyllis

I said we were going from Paris to southern but I meant Northern Italy. We won a trip to Paris for 8 days and we are going to stay late or go early on our own but can use our return trip from Paris as our return anytime. Could we take a train from Paris to somewhere in southern Italy. We have been to Rome but not further up. Any suggestions where in southern Italy? Thanks!