Reload this Page >

Travel from Malpensa airport to Como

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 02:49 PM
julie

We will be arriving at Malpensa at about 18.45. Does anyone know how easy it is to get transport for this? Are there any buses or trains running after 20.00?

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Anita

You can check the train schedules on the web. The address is (I think) www.fs-online.com. You've got to get from Malpensa to Stazione Centrale in Milan. (There is a train from Malpensa to Stazione Nord, but I don't know if there are direct trains to Como from that station.) It takes about an hour on the bus to get to Centrale, but I don't know how frequently the bus runs in the evening. I don't think you could expect to catch a train before 21.00, and you won't arrive in Como until after 22.00 at the earliest. That's late. I know that taxis are willing to take fares from Malpensa to Bellagio (we saw one drop passengers at our hotel). I don't know the cost, but it would definitely save time and aggrevation at a late hour and after a long flight. Perhaps your hotel could tell you how much the fare would be.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:32 PM
jack

The last bus from Malpensa's Terminal 1 to Como leaves (except Sundays) at 7:25pm (4 minutes later from Terminal 2), arriving at 8:25pm. If you're lucky you may barely make it if your flight is on time. Bus departs in front of exit 3/4, at stall #13. Tickets cost Lit 21,000/pax. If you miss it ... too bad. Either you take an expensive taxi or the Milano Centrale bus shuttle + FS train into Como.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 08:28 AM
SteveJames

Hello Julie, <BR> <BR>The Malpensa Express goes to Milano Nord, and there are trains from Milano Nord (Cadorna) to Como N.C.* during the evening. <BR>I'm not sure where Como N.C. is in relation to Como town - you need to check this. <BR>*N.C. = Nord Camerata <BR> <BR>www.ferrovienord.it/webmxp/index.html <BR>www.fs-on-line.com <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 10:55 AM
coco

Milano has 2 Nord stations: Cadorna and Bovisa. (Malpensa Express comes to Cadorna) <BR> <BR>Trains run from both (I think, tho definitely from Cadorna) to the THREE nord stations in Como: Borghi, Camerata, and Lago. <BR> <BR>The Como Lago station is practically at the ferry docks, just down that main street that runs up the east side of the lake. Easy walk to most of the hotels along there, also.