Trastevere

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Bob

Trastevere

Has anyone stayed in the Trastevere section of Rome? We justed booked a room in the Hotel Santa Maria there and are interested in any impressions of this area as a location to do a few days in Rome before heading South. Thanks

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Topper

ttt...........

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:19 AM
nancy

Bob, have you tried a word search? <BR>type in Trastevere in the little bax at top of pg. <BR>Text Search . <BR>Then wait a few minutes. <BR>It should pull up many posts for you. <BR>Have fun!

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Diane

We didn't get to Trastevere until our last night in Rome, (we only had 3 nights) and know that is an area we want to explore more the next time we go.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:36 AM
sue

Hi, <BR>I have not stayed in this area, but it is a great area. It an old section of Rome. It can be nice and quiet during the day, but there are a lot of wonderful restaurants. It is a little <BR>off the beaten path, but that is not a bad thing. I was in Rome this summer and it is very crowed along the beaten path. It is nice to have a peaceful palce to return to during the afternoon. I would vote yes for this area, unless you mind walking longer or taking public transportation/taxi. Have fun.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:33 AM
KT

I stayed there for about a week with friends who were living there. It's a great place and I love it, but the description of it you'll sometimes see as an authentic old-fashioned neighborhood isn't accurate. It became a trendy area back in the 80's or so, so it now has a mixture of the old neighborhood feel and more fashionable shops and restaurants. It's quite lively at night, especially on Fridays and Saturdays, which has its good points (lots of fun) and bad points (noise on the main streets).