Search

Trapani Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trapani Hotel

We are trying to go to Trapani,Sicily to see a few days of The Louis Vuitton Cup in early October. Does anyone have any ideas of where to stay?
We are also landing in Rome and need to travel to Trapani. What is the best way to do this?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 11:53 AM
GAC

In Trapani, look at the 4-star Hotel Crystal (part of the FRAMON group), a tall, modern, glass structure right next to the train station (nondescript part of town), or the older but modernized 3-star Hotel Nuovo Russo right by the Duomo in the "atmospheric" part of town (and close to the ferry dock). The hotels are about 1 km. apart.

From Rome to Trapani, you could fly nonstop in one hour (I believe on Air One), or take the ICplus (daylight) or the ICN (night) train direct to Palermo in 11 hours (for as little as 15 Euros in reserved first class; see my other postings), then connect at the Palermo train station to the frequent SEGESTA bus which will take you to Trapani in 1 hr. 40 mins. Bus service is every 15-60 minutes, runs from 6 am to 10 pm, and the fare is approx. 6.20 Euros one-way. You don't believe you can reserve seats on the bus (nor need to). In Trapani, you can get off at the bus terminal (near the Crystal Hotel), or at the ferry dock (near the Hotel Nuovo Russo).

www.air-one.it
www.trenitalia.com
www.segesta.it
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! The Crystal is full and I haven't figured out how to email the other hotel yet, but I will. Thank you very much!
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Still having trouble finding lodging in Trapani. Any more ideas would be appreciated. Jeanne
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Oma

We took the train to Trapani from Rome and it's either a full day or an overnight trip, about 14-15 hours. It cost us somewhere around 60 Euro for 2nd class tickets. Check out www.trenitalia.com for train schedules/prices.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 06:28 AM
GAC

jeanne: these are the hotels in Trapani proper to contact:

Hotel Crystal (FRAMON Group), 4-stars
Hotel Vittoria, 3-stars
Nuovo Hotel Russo, 3-stars
Hotel Moderno, 2-stars
Hotel Maccotta, 1-star
Hotel Messina, 1-star

You might not care for either of the 1-star properties. The first three on the list have air conditioning. The Crystal is across the street from the train station. The Vittoria is also in the newer, non-descript part of town, not far from the station. The last four on the list are about 1000 meters away, in the old town, not far from the Cathedral and the Port. The bus from Palermo will drop you either at the bus depot (next to the train station), or at the Port, within easy walking distance of all these properties.

You should have no problem securing reservations for October this far in advance.

Oma: you can travel by IC train (either day or night) from Rome to Palermo in reserved FIRST CLASS for 15 Euros, then take the frequent Segesta Lines bus to Trapani for an additional 7 Euros. Travel time is 11 hrs. plus 2 hrs. You can also fly from Rome to Trapani on Air One in one hour.

www.trenitalia.com
www.segesta.it
www.flyairone.it
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 09:53 AM
GAC

Here's another, newly opened "historic" B&B in the heart of "old" Trapani, on the Corso Vittorio Emanuele, with 14 rooms:

www.ailumi.it
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Oma

GAC: yeah, my post was moronic, I tried to take it back, but.... where's the delete button??

...sigh. This world was not made for hasty reply-ers.