Reload this Page >

Transportation to Amalfi

Search

Transportation to Amalfi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 09:41 AM
TG

Transportation to Amalfi

Hello,<BR><BR>Could someone tell me the best way to get to my hotel in Amalfi, Hotel Santa Caterina?<BR><BR>I am confused whether I should take the train into Salerno or Naples? ( coming from Rome) Then, I belive there is a bus I can take...<BR><BR>The hotel offers a private car but I don't want the added expense.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Melania

Hi, We stayed at Santa Caterina last year. It is one of my favorite hotels. The pool area is so cool. The rooms are simple (no frills) with views that are outstanding!<BR><BR>Anyway, we took a train from Rome to Naples. Then we took a private car that was arranged by the hotel. After checking around, the price seemed fair. I can't remember exactly....maybe $75- 100 for 2 of us.<BR><BR>I will check this board again to see if you have any more questions.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:28 AM
gac

Take a direct train from Rome to Salerno. Don't get off in Naples. Schedules and fares at www.trenitalia.com.<BR>Exit the main doors of the Salerno train station. The direct bus to Amalfi leaves from the stop in front of the station, 20 yards away. Buy your bus ticket inside the station, at the main newstand. Buses leave every 30 to 60 minutes, and take 70 minutes to reach Amalfi. From Amalfi, you'll need a taxicab to reach the Hotel Santa Caterina.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Kay

We took the car that the Santa Caterina suggested from the Naples train station.<BR>It was a splurge but some friends had told us it was well worth it. We loved the convenience and took it back to Naples after our "fabulous stay" at the wonderful hotel Santa Caterina. If we ever are so lucky to return we will go the same way. I urge you to use the transportation that is available from the hotel. You will enjoy it!!<BR>Kay

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 04:12 AM
Kay

Another option is train from Rome to Naples, switch train lines to get to Sorrento, then bus to Amalfi, which goes past Positano etc along the coast. Fabulous views. Train from Naples to Sorrento takes about an hour (was very crowded when we were there in March). Bus from Sorrento to Amalfi took b/w 1 hour - 1 1/2 hrs, quite a windy road.<BR>Kay

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 05:04 PM
sue

We took a car service from the Naples airport to Amalfi. It was convienient and I was unsure of logistics, plus we were arriving after flying from the US. going back to Rome we took the bus to Sorento and the train to Naples and onto Rome. It was easy and so much less expensive. If you are comfotable with public transprotation, go for it.