Transportation help

Mar 31st, 2006, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Transportation help

I am planning to go to Italy for 10 days, and I am only going to go to Venice (where I'm flying in), Pisa, Florence, and Rome (where I'm flying out). I'm planning to stay in Venice for 4 nights and then 2 nights in Florence, and then 4 nights in Rome.

The question is, how long does the train takes from Venice to Florence? I'm planning on leaving early morning so I might get a chance to see a little bit of Florence by the afternoon and I'm planning to go to Pisa for a day and come right back to Florence on the same day, (so I'll be spending one day in Pisa and one day in Florence).

Another one, how long does it take from Florence to Rome? I will also be leaving in the early morning.

Addition, can any of you please give me detailed information? its going to be my first time in Italy, I dont speak the langauge, and I'm going to traveling alone till I get to Rome. Detailed information such as the name of the trains, websites if there are any, how much, etc..

Off couorse, please give me any of your suggestions.

Thank you in advance for all your help!!!
Mar 31st, 2006, 09:30 AM

www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html

It is in English.
Mar 31st, 2006, 10:13 AM

The German national rail site, www.bahn.de, has complete timetables for most of Europe. It's viewable in English. It won't give you prices for routes that don't either start or end in Germany so you'll need the trenitalia site for your trips in Italy, but it's a very helpful site.
Mar 31st, 2006, 10:44 AM

I assume you want to go from Firenze Santa Maria Novella (FI.SMN) the main station and not one of the other stations; and that you want to go to Venice Santa Lucia (the main station) VE S.L. and not Mestre.

The Eurostar takes about 2.5 hours and the Intercity trains take about 3.5 hours
Mar 31st, 2006, 11:31 AM

In any case pay no attention to the Italian Railpass, which for your itinerary, would definitely not be cost effective.

Search this Thread