Reload this Page >

Transportation From Victoria Coach Station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 02:06 AM
Lucy

We will be traveling tp London from Cheltenham by coach in April, will be arriving at Victoria Coach Station. The house we are renting is in the Docklands area. Can anyone suggest a reliable car hire service that can be booked ahead of time? (I know you can arrange this at airports but don't know if they meet buses?)<BR>Traveling up from Cheltenham by coach is our preferred choice, we are just concerned about getting to the Docklands area from the station. It wil be too difficult to manage the trip by tube with the luggage. Also, how far in advance do you suggest booking ahead if such a service is available?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Lucy

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 11:56 AM
elvira

Victoria Coach Station is across the street from Victoria train station - car hires and taxis will pick up passengers anywhere...<BR><BR>Swiss Cottage Cars has been mentioned as a good and reliable service.<BR><BR>There is a black cab taxi stand near the arrivals area, and you can book a minicab right inside the terminal.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Julie

Swiss Cottage Cars doesn't have a web site so you need to call at: 44-207-431-2700.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Lori

Contact Ray Skinner at www.london-transfers.com. We've used him and his company and service is great. I've recommended him to others and they were also very pleased. We stayed in an apartment at St. Katharine's Marina in April and used his company from Heathrow in and when we left as well. Do not even think about the Tube with luggage. It's not a pleasant sight to watch people struggling with luggage on stairs, etc.<BR>We will be in London again this spring and we intend to use Ray again.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 08:02 AM
Sandy

We took a Swiss Cottage car from Gatwick to our hotel in London because they were highly recommended on this site. I definitely do NOT recommend them. It depends so much on your individual driver. Our driver was terrible!! It took him an hour to drive around the vicinity of our hotel to find the street (an easy to find street, right off the main street, by the way. He was not a safe driver, either. Take the train!!!!!!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Jody

I have a Licenced London Taxi Driver who does airport pick ups and departures and also private tours in and out of London, he is a retired London police officer and very dependable and charming to boot. His name is Gordon Reynolds and if you would like his number please email me. <BR><BR>Add an "o" to "yaho" in above email address, I do that to avoid spam!