Reload this Page >

Transportation from Heathrow to Windsor

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:00 AM
FLJudi

Anyone know of a reliable/reasonable taxi/pickup service that will meet you at Heathrow Airport and take you to Windsor?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:06 PM
bettyk

Many people have recommended London Transfers. You can give them a try. Their web site is http://www.london-transfers.com.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Betsy

You might contact your hotel or B&B to see if they can arrange for the local taxi to meet you. We took a taxi from Windsor to CDG a couple of years ago through the local taxi company. I believe there're only two cabs in the whole town. The rate was the equivalent of about 14 USD.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:34 PM
michele

I used London Transfers last week and found them to be very reliable. They do not take credit cards for payment, but will reserve your booking with one.Also, asking your hotel or B&Bto arrange a taxi for you is a good idea, too. I have done this from Maidenshead to Heathrow. Price is settled in advance and the driver is usually someone the B&B has worked with in the past.<BR>M.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Leslie

Oh dear Betsy...a taxi from Windsor to CDG? Now that would be expensive... Sorry, I got a little laugh from your slip of the keyboard!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Betsy

LOL, Leslie. I meant Heathrow, of course. CRS!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Wayne

All I do is walk outside the terminal and hail a cab. The distance to Windsor from Heathrow is really quite short, and any taxi can take you there in about 10 minutes.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:50 PM
karen

Judi,<BR><BR>I am going to try to go to Windsor from Heathrow too, so thanks for posting your question. By any chance are you going on April 11?<BR><BR>Karen

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 01:23 PM
FLJudi

Karen - Have a good trip. We're not going until June. We got a quote from London Transfers over the internet for 49pounds - sounded high to me. Can't imagine a taxi being much more.<BR><BR>Judi

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Ron

FLJudi, London Transfers makes no sense for getting from Heathrow to Windsor. They would have to drive emppty all the way out from central London, drive you 5 miles to Windsor and then return empty to London. Get a local metered cab at a quarter the price.