Transfer in CDG

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfer in CDG

To start with i would like to apologize fore my english, it isent that good

April 21 2013 i have a flight from HAM - MRS with connection in CDG. I arrive at Terminal 2F at 8:45
And my connecting flight is at 9:35 also from Terminal 2F.
That means i have 50 min to transfer, i am NOT use to airports and flying, only tried it a couple of times and i have never been in CDG before.

1: Do you Think a can make it?

2: Do i have to go trough immigration, security and all that kind of stuff? I Will only travel inside the schengen-zone.

Thanks for your answer
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Since both Germany and France are in the Schengen countries you should not have to go thru immigration or customs - just head to the gate in the same terminal you arrive at - can't be that long a trek.

And your English is not bad IMO!
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, So i dont have to go trough Security either?

And Thanks about my english
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Given that the arrival and departure gates seem to be fairly close, you have a shot at it, but no guarantee. The published arrival time is when the plane is on the runway, not when it is unloading. And depending on the airline, the next flight might close its doors before the official departure time. So, given how far the plane has to taxi, time could be even tighter than you think. The other consideration is that you might get on the flight but your luggage does not. CdG being what it is, the airlines have lots of practice forwarding tardy bags. I have no answers, just worries, but it can't hurt to discuss it with your airline, asking especially if you can catch a later flight if you don't catch the one you want.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 02:07 AM

The published arrival time is when the plane is on the runway, not when it is unloading.

The published arrival time is when the aircraft is scheduled to arrive at the gate. Scheduled arrival times are not touchdown times just as scheduled departure times are not airborne times; both include taxi time estimates.

50 minutes is not sufficient time in which to guarantee, on any recurring basis, a successful connection with any degree of certitude.
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

I Will only have hand-baggage, so that isent a problem.

And Thanks fore your answer