Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transfer from Bilbao Airport to San Sebastian (Gottransfer.com)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All:

We have a week in San Sebastian in July and are not planning on having a car. We are a large group - 9 adults and 4 children. We would like a driver to pick us up at the airport and deliver us to the rentals in SS (we have 2). I found a website Gottransfer.com which has a good rate for all of us in a minibus. But when searching online for reviews - they are sketchy. Has anyone here heard of them and have any experience with them, or would you have another recommendation? We have 3 kids that need car seats, which is why we aren't excited about the bus option.

Thank you!
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 09:41 AM

Can you try to find out the rates for a regular, large, taxi van? (If there are such things, with car seats..I would look around for the answer to that, or look online for taxi companies, not transfer companies..just going by what I found out recently in southern Spain about transfer companies vs normal taxi for long routes.

We took a taxi from SS to Bilbao city about two years ago and price was not terrible at all.....maybe e-mail a hotel in one of the two cities and ask them about taxi fare??? (I know you said apartment but you could still ask..)
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 10:54 AM

You´d need a minibus, as you´ll have plenty of luggage too. I often use the services of Autobuses San Millán, not expensive and very reliable. sanmillanbus.com
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 11:30 AM

Bilbao transfer service

Since Gottransfer.com isn't up and running (it's for sale), you should go with what Mikelg recommends.
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I will check out individual taxis for our group, and also sanmillanbus.com

I appreciate your feedback!
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

I've sent off an inquiry to sanmillanbus.com
In searching for taxis, they seem pricey considering we would need at least 3 for our group. I'm thinking we may just do the bus. Do you think the bus is safe for children ages 1 to 4? I'm sure they don't have car seats, and that's our concern. Has anyone had any experience with that?
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 09:31 AM

Buses in Spain have seat belts in all seats, but no children seats
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 12:23 PM

Transfer to Donostia

For a group as large as yours, you will be far better off with a private transfer instead of trying to get everyone on the same bus if you're traveling when it's a busy time of the day or week. If you can't get the bus at the airport, then you'll have to take taxis to the main bus station and buy your tickets. But why, when arranging a transfer is so easy, door to door.
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Robert2016 - What transfer service would you recommend? I'm being quoted 330 Euro for a one-way trip through rentautobus.com