Search

Trains in portugal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trains in portugal

I need some clarification.

I am about to purchase tickets on cp.pt for a Porto to Lisbon ticket.

i registered. I am currently in the promotional fare window. It is my understanding that persons over 65, which we are, may receive a 50% discount.
i understand that is not on the promotional fare. If I am able to get a 50% discount I am more then happy to book a full fare ticket because it gives us more flexibility. I just do not understand how to do that
I have not gone completely through the booking process and maybe the discount is applied when I actually pick first class full fare tickets.
i want to book ahead because we are traveling the day after Easter and I am concerned this may be a busy time.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 07:36 AM

Sher,
I just did a dummy booking for the Alfa Pendular from Lisboa Oriente to Coimbra-b, comfort class (first class) on April 12, and all I could see offered was the Promo ticket for 21 euros.
An option to choose the 50% senior discount didn't appear as it has for me in the past.
Now the only discounts I see are the children's fare, youth fares, the ACP and the CP/RNR 80%.
But I didn't go to the final payment page and type in my cc info.

I'm puzzled too, and I'm registered.
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Hi Mirabel

Thanks. For once it was not me.

Are the promotional tickets exchangeable in case we misjudge the time and miss the train?

if so, I will just buy the less expensive.

we are driving from Lisbon at the start of our trip to spend eight days around Porto and the Douro but prefer not to drive the return trip.

Old Feb 25th, 2020, 01:41 PM

Sher,
The promo tickets are exchangeable but with conditions.
Here's the info online:"The Promo tickets can be reissued for another day or train, but they cannot be refunded.

If you want to have your ticket reissued and get the discount again (limited to the number of special offer seats on each train), the new journey date has to be at least 5, 8 or more days away (including the purchase date and up to a maximum of 60 days in advance) from when it is reissued.

If you want a new journey, the ticker seller, if you are buying in a station, or our Online Ticket Office or App, always show the best available price for that train and journey

Old Feb 25th, 2020, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Good enough for me.

i will just order the promo ticket.
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Success. Ordered two 1st class tickets at a very good price, I think. €54 total Porto To Lisbon.

The only problem was wanting to change my seat but could not figure out how.

Printed up the tickets.

Thanks Maribel for the help.