Reload this Page >

Trains from Charles de G. airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 12:35 AM
belle

I've been used to travelling into Paris for a night when I actually want to head off elsewhere. Don't get me wrong...of course I love Paris but don't always need to start off there. Where do trains connect with from CdeG airport and is it easy to transfer?

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Sue

It is really great to avoid the hassle of going into Paris, either for the night or to catch a train. The station is right next to the airport--there is a shuttle, but we walked (and we are old and decrepit) and bought our ticket in the airport before we went to the station (English-speaker, less confusing). The airport shuttle (ADP) leaves from Gate 26 in Terminal 1, where most US flights arrive. I can't recommend it enough. <BR> <BR>For train schedules, try either sncf.fr or bahn.hafas.de (the German site is faster). You can see a mini-map of the airport at http://www.worldairportguide.com/The...le_Airport.asp

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 10:00 AM
StCirq

Are you referring to local trains (RER) or SNCF trains? The RER station is just a short walk or shuttle ride away from terminal 1. The SNCF station is at terminal 2, which is primarily the Air France terminal. To get there, you'd need to take a shuttle from terminal 1 to terminal 2. Depending on your destination, there may or may not be trains from the airport available to you.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 09:57 PM
belle

Thanks for both pieces of information. What I didn't make clear is that I haven't finalised my plans yet so that is why I am trying to determine my choices of destinations available from the airport. Will look at the SNCF site again but didn't notice this info last time. Any suggestions?

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 02:27 AM
Tony

Belle.. <BR> <BR>Quite a wide choice of destinations from Charles de Gaulle TGV station. <BR>Heading North there is Lille (connections to London etc) and Brussels, connections to Amsterdam. and Cologne. <BR>To the South West there are trains to Rennes and Nantes, with connections to Bordeaux. <BR>Most trains head South East to Lyon,(change for Geneva and Switzerland) Avignon, Aix les Bains, the French Alps, Marseille, Cannes, Nice, and Montpelier, with connections to Barcelona. <BR>Frequency varies with proximity and popularity. Lille and Lyon have hourly trains at worst - for other destinations direct trains are less frequent but there are many connections in Lyon for other places.