Reload this Page >

Train tickets, I'm confused

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Danielle

I am confused about the rail. Traveling on Thalys, may I pick up my tkt in Paris if I purchase it over internet? Where do I pick up the tickets? Must I purchase a tkt in advance to ensure seats if traveling Saturday 5PM? Do I get a better rate if purchased internet? <BR><BR>I'm also traveling from Paris to Caen for a day. Is there a rail ticket that will let me do both trips at a reduced rate? It looks like one trip is SNCF and the other is Thalys. Thanks for your help.<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:56 PM
diane Gould

I just purchased tickets on an English line through the French Rail sncf.I paid for the phone call, charged the tickets and they will be sent to my US address in 15 days. Got a discount for booking ahead. The hours are 7am to 10pm French time and the number is 011-33-892353539. You always get a discount and assured seat if you book ahead.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Danielle

I am leaving in only 2 days, so there is not enough time to be mailed to my home. Can I pick them up at a ticket booth in Paris, maybe at CDG?

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Diane Gould

There is a booth for the sncf in theCDG 1 that I have purchased tickets. I would still call the number and get the tickets and then tell them you want to pick them up and ask where. Because I had quesions I found the phone more heplful, but I know you can do this on the internet also probably same price. You can probaly do it when you arrive also. Call and the English line will help answer those questions, Diane

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:09 PM
jd

Just go to sncf.fr or sncf.com and buy them on line from the source. Details there.