Reload this Page >

Train stations in italy

Search

Train stations in italy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 03:16 PM
Elise

Train stations in italy

Is there any way I can find out station names in Italy and of a sight that would be able to tell me connecting stations, prefurrably not a sight that is in italian!!!

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 04:03 PM
wes fowler

You can plot rail itineraries with intermediate stations at http://www.bahn.hafas.de/bin/detect/...n/query.exe/en <BR>However, check the Italian web sites as well. If you're going from Rome to Florence and depend entirely on English you'll never get there! You won't see a sign identifying "Platform" or a schedule listing "Florence". Get the basic Italian words down pat: Napoli - Naples; Firenza - Florence. An Italian web site is a good place to start in developing a train oriented Italian vocabulary.

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 04:08 PM
Ishoo

Try this site. www.itwg.com/home.asp. Good luck.

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 11:39 PM
John

<BR>Go to FS on line they have all the info you are looking for. <BR> <BR>I am not computer literate so I punch search enter "FS on line" <BR>The first thread is Forrovie Dello Stato that is the one you want [ I don't know the URL ] When it comes up there will be five flags. Punch the English flag and you will be on the English speaking site. <BR> <BR>From there it is self explanitory. <BR>John

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 05:56 AM
Carol

Even when using the English version of the Italian railways site, you should use the Italian place names, e.g., Roma, Firenze, Venezia, Napoli, Sorrento, Milano.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 11:53 AM
pam

To further cmoplicate matters, you will want to know that the main station in Florence is called Santa Maria Novella; Rome's main station is Termini (as opposed to Ostiense or Tiburtina). I don't know where to find that online, but a good guide book would probably help you. Good luck!

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 04:56 PM
Elise

Thanks Wes, after I stoped being lazu and looked at an italian train info site properly I realised that it wasn't that big a deal to learn the italian city names (pretty obvious really!). I'm finally getting started with some sort of time schedule. Can you tell me, what does "Tutte le stazioni" translate as (sorry if this is obvious!) and also so the euro rail passes include the "ES" trains, which I presume by the huge time difference are the express trains. <BR>Once again thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 05:38 PM
Guido

Elise: <BR> <BR>"Tutte le Stazione" means "All the Stations". Have a great trip.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 07:23 PM
Elise

Thanks Guido!