Reload this Page >

Train Seat Reservations

Search

Train Seat Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Sul Ross

Train Seat Reservations

I will be arriving at Frankfurt airport June 1 and renting a car for a week. Then will be using eurail pass for train trips from Munich to Venice, Venice to Florence, Forence to Rome, Milan to Interlaken, and Bern to Paris between June 9 and 24. Can I get seat reservations upon arrival in Germany for all of these trips? Could this be done at Frankfurt airport train station?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Rex

I'll be surprised if a rail pass is actually cheaper than point-to-point tickets. Have you run this itinerary through www.railsaver.com ??<BR><BR>You realize that you are spending a LOT of time seeing the inside of a train car, right? Travel around less. See where you are more.<BR><BR>And are you using train Rome to Milan?<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:30 AM
xxx

What do you mean "seeing a lot of the inside of a train car", Rex? I love seeing the countryside by train. I don't look at the inside, I look out the window and follow along a map so I know what I'm seeing. Others talk about driving through the country, I prefer to relax on a train while I see the countryside.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Rex

Fair enough. I just meant that these are some substantial distances. Our a car window or out a train window is NOT seeing the places you're traveling to get to see - - not up close and personal.<BR><BR>If you were my cousin, parent or friend, I would advise cutting out Rome and florence. There is a ton of Italy to see and never go fouther south than the Venice-Milan axis.<BR><BR>But it's your trip. All my further advice will be on how to enjoy it, whatever the itnerary - - and not criticize. There were meant only as constructive suggestions.<BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Bobbi

We did a similar route, in the fall of 2000, using a Eurail Pass. The rail pass for our trip was cheaper and more flexible and less stressful than buying all the point to point tickets. It was an awesome trip. You'll love it! <BR>As for seat reservations, we made all of ours at the EurAide office in the Munich train station. They were so friendly and helpful. I also recommend the guided walking city tours that they offer. <BR><BR>Have a great trip.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:40 AM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Ben Haines

Nobody seems to have answered your question: Can I get seat reservations upon arrival in Germany for all of these trips? Could this be done at Frankfurt airport train station? <BR><BR>Certainly you can, speaking English and using a credit card, at the same cost as you would pay at each depsrture station. The booking systems of Germany, Italy, Switzerland and France are all linked. For your series of bookings they will take twenty minutes, so you need something to read.<BR><BR>Please write if I can help further. Welcome to Europe.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR><BR><BR>