Reload this Page >

Train/Schiphol Airport

Search

Train/Schiphol Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Gerry K

Train/Schiphol Airport

With a US purchased rail pass, <BR>can I embark from Amsterdam's <BR>Schiphol Airport to other Dutch <BR>destinations? I'll be staying at <BR>the airport Hilton. <BR> <BR>Many thanks, <BR> <BR>Gerry K

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 05:01 PM
John

Yes, virtually all destinations are available from the station within the airport complex.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Betsy

Does your pass have a limited number of trips? If so, I'd spen the money on the trip from the airport rather than lose a day on the pass.And Schiphol couldn't be easier to get around in.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 02:00 AM
Gerry K

Wonderful. Many thanks, Folks. <BR> <BR>GK

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 02:21 AM
btilke

Try not to start those travels during rush hour, at least not if the train originates from Amsterdam in the afternoon or is heading there in the morning. <BR>Commuter trains leaving Amsterdam during pm rush hour are usually packed and by the time they reach Schiphol, it's standing room only (no fun if you've to deal with luggage, too). Similar crowds for morning rush hour trains passing through Schiphol on their way to Amsterdam. <BR>Btilke

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 05:19 AM
Ryan

The main train station is right downtown where alot of people get on the train. The train then goes to the airport, so like everyone else says, it can be croweded by the time it gets to the airport during rush hour. <BR> <BR>It was very easy to get downtown to my hotel on one of the many buses that leave from the airport. If I remember right, it was about $10US per person and about 20 min ride. <BR> <BR>The airport is easy to get around and there are plenty of places to stop and ask for help. <BR> <BR>Have fun.