Reload this Page >

Train: London-Edinburgh-Best Option?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 02:16 PM
Raleigh

My wife and I would like to take a train from London to Edinburgh before picking up our rental car there. What is the best budget option for purchasing a one way ticket from the US? <BR> <BR>THANK YOU!

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 06:21 AM
Diane

I'm not sure of your reasons for train up and drive back(?). In August we are flying from London - Edinburgh on EasyJet. $80 round trip per person.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 07:33 AM
Jane

I think it's probably cheaper to purchase a cheap return and just not use the other half of your ticket. The most convenient way to buy a ticket is via www.thetrainline.com - as it gives a list of the cheapest prices available. It's also a good idea to check www.easyjet.com and www.go-fly.com to see if you can get anything cheaper by plane (prices vary a lot)

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 03:28 PM
Marija

We took a London Edinburgh train on a Saturday and were pleased to find an option where you could upgrade from 2nd class to 1st class for only $10 or so a person. You may want to look into that.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 03:44 PM
Nancy

RE: Train to Edinburgh <BR> <BR>We made that trip in March. Got a <BR>good fare using information from <BR>GNER's web site. They had a special <BR>of 30 pounds RT last winter. They <BR>might have a summer special, too? <BR> <BR>-Nancy