Train from Valencia to Madrid?

Old May 4th, 2000, 03:04 PM
lisa

Train from Valencia to Madrid?

Can anyone tell me what train to take from Valencia to Madrid and how long this trip would take? My return flight to the U.S. is out of Madrid and the last city I am visiting is a little village called Moraira.(On the Meditteranean Coast, between Valencia and Alicante)

Old May 4th, 2000, 05:33 PM
Tony

There are express trains Valencia to Madrid approx.every 2 hours from 0700 to 2000, departing Valencie Nord, arriving Madrid Atocha. Be sure you catch a train designated IC (inter-city) as they are more comfortable and usually have refreshments available. Journey time to 3hrs.50mins. Reservations can be made, but not essential._

Old May 4th, 2000, 06:03 PM
Tony

Further to my last post, I'm not sure where Moraira is exactly, but there are also luxurious "Talgo" trains direct from Alicante to Madrid, again at least every two hours, (hourly in the morning) Journey time the same, around 3hrs.50 mins. Hope this helps.

Old May 5th, 2000, 10:00 AM
tony

Thank You! This is information is great! I think Alicante may be even closer to Moraira, so I'll look into the Talgo.

Lisa.

Old May 5th, 2000, 12:12 PM
Maribel

Lisa,
Just a point of clarification. The new super fast train Valencia-Madrid is called the "Alaris" and takes 3 hr. 30 min.
See the schedule at www.renfe.es. Better than the old "regional"-just put into service in the last yr. or so.
But little Moraira is indeed closer to Alicante than Valencia. The UBESA bus co. runs inexpensive buses along the coast between Valencia and Alicante. You can take a bus from Denia or Altea to either destination, Valencia or Alicante, and then train from there.