Reload this Page >

Train from Paris to Cannes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 03:05 PM
inor

I read in the Frommers guide that there is a high-speed train from Paris to Cannes that only takes 3 hours. However, when I looked on the EuroRail site, it said 7 hours on the train from Paris to Canne. <BR> <BR>Does anyone know of a 3 hour train? <BR>Help.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Rex

There is no such thing. Quote us page and verse. If they have an error, they need to know about it. If you read something wrong, that will explain it. <BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 06:42 PM
LisaKarin

My mother and I took a fast train from St. Rapheal to Paris last summer. The ride was about 5 hours. St. Rapheal is (from what I can remember) about 30 minutes from Cannes by train. Time goes by pretty fast when you have such beautiful scenery to stare at. Enjoy the ride!

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Tony

At present the fastest TGVs from Paris to Cannes is 6 hours. However in early June SNCF are opening up new high speed lines south of Lyon, all the way to Marseille. This will reduce the journey time by at least an hour, probably more. <BR>As Lisa said the ride is quite interesting; I would recommend you take a mini picnic with you, which can be bought at the station in Paris. The TGVs are very comfortable and fast, but the on board catering usually leaves a lot to be desired, and is far from reliable, sad to say.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Tony

I just posted the above, but it has'nt moved it to the top as it normally does. I'll try again.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 05:53 AM
Vincent

Yes, I confirm Tony's piece of news: the new high speed section between Valence and Marseilles (200 km)shall open on 11 June. This'll cut down the Paris-Marseilles journey to a mere three hours. Add 80 mn to Saint-Raphael