Train from Milano Central Station to Stresa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2023, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been many years since I've traveled from the Milano Central Station to Stresa. Can anyone tell me if the dedicated track is the last one to the left, as you face the trains. (There's no other track past that one.) I hope my question is clear.
Old Feb 15th, 2023, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

There have been over 80 views to my thread. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read it. I think this is a difficult question to answer. However, right now, I am still hopeful someone will have an answer.
Old Feb 15th, 2023, 11:52 AM

It's no longer so easy. Trains to Domodossola leave all in the left part of the railway station, but on different tracks. The track is indicated on all of the many departue boards you find in the station, but often only 10 min or so before departure.Trains from Milano Centrale (journey time 70 min) leave every 1-2 hrs; the few (more expensive) EC trains must be booked in advance..
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 05:25 AM

The list of all trains departing any day from Milano Centrale is available online: https://prm.rfi.it/qo_prm/QO_Partenz...8.00&ora=04.00

Change the departure hour using the - and + buttons, then click Invia.

You are looking for the number written in the "Binario programmato" column. I think it could be translated as Scheduled Platform, so take it with a grain of salt.

EC trains have only reserved seats and, in theory, they could sell out. It never happened to me in 15 years, but never say never when travelling in foreign countries.

For sure, you don't have to book in advance: You can do it if you want to save some money. Learn about change & refund terms before buying any discounted ticket on www.trenitalia.com
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

neckervd, Thank you very much for this information. (I know the process very well of traveling by train in Italy and many other European countries.) It's that one particular train in Milano Centrale Station. We were always "on alert" looking at the ever-changing schedule board. As soon as we saw Stresa (Cadoro), we'd grab our suitcases and walk as fast as we could to the far left of the station. It was always stressful. Thank you so much for your up-to-date information. I appreciate it. Stresa is absolutely beautiful; we always stay at the Hotel Astoria, family-run. They never disappoint us as their guests.
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 06:58 AM

...and once more the old saying has been proven true: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".
Old Feb 16th, 2023, 07:55 AM

Thank you very much Falcio, your link is extremely helpful
Old Feb 17th, 2023, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Falcio. I appreciate your response.

BTW, what does that old saying have to do with this thread? Just curious.