train from milan to florence?

Apr 9th, 2002, 12:59 PM
KC

train from milan to florence?

hello i was wondering how to get from the milan airport to florence by train. can i buy tickets at the milan airport or do i need to purchase in advance? does anyone know how long the train ride is? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

from florence i will be going to a villa in greve in chianti, but i'll have a car at that point. everyone on this site has been so helpful with italy info!

Apr 9th, 2002, 01:13 PM
xxx

You will probably have to take a train from the airport to Milan and change. Milan train station is a sight in itself. The trains are pretty good I'd guess 3 hours after you get to Milan city, but you can get schedules lots of places on line (RailEurope). Scenery in Tuscany around Florence is great.

Apr 9th, 2002, 01:17 PM
low profile

KC--take the bus (right in front of airport) to the Central station, you can buy your train ticket there. trains run hourly or more often. Most trains take about 3 hours. Do NOT take the train from the airport as this will take you into other stations from which you will have to transfer to Centrale. It's all very easy.

Apr 9th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Walter

I topped a post for you "MXP to Milano Centrale" for info on the the airport bus. Go to www.trenitalia.com for train schedules and then click-on the "red square/white triangle" for your train's fares. HTH Regards, Walter

Apr 9th, 2002, 01:46 PM
xxx

These guys are really good. I'm out of my league

Apr 9th, 2002, 03:14 PM
ttt

to the top