Reload this Page >

Train from London to Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 1998, 06:40 PM
Jorge

Has anybody taken the train from London to Paris? Is that a worthwhile experience? Is it worth the extra time/cost vs. airplane? Thanks.

Old Apr 27th, 1998, 08:26 PM
Mary

Yes, I have taken the Chunnel from London to Paris and I thought it was great. It took about 3 hours, maybe 4. I can't remember for sure. I don't know what the difference in cost between the train and the plane would be, but I think you would enjoy the train.

Old Apr 28th, 1998, 05:55 PM
JOAN DOYLE

Dear Jorge: I've traveled between London and Paris in every way except swimming the Channel. The BEST way is to take the Eurostar train from Waterloo Station in London to the Gare du Nord in Paris. It takes three and a quarter hours, is smooth and comfortable, and you can buy refreshments on board. What more can you ask? Bon voyage! Joan

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 01:23 AM
Roger Vineall

I can only echo the positive sentiments of the other two. It takes three hours, probably costs about the same as a plane but is so much more convenient. The major advantage as far as I'm concerned is that it takes you from the centre of Paris to the centre of London. Passports are sorted out on the train, so there're no delays at the other end. The only problem is that you may end up travelling at 300km/h through the French countryside - backwards!

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 04:46 AM
Andy Gerber/Switzerland

Hi there, I have just recently travelled on the Eurostar from Paris to London und back to Paris the same day. It takes exactly 3 hours. The train is nbrand new and really nice. If you traclass then a hot meal (free champagen and Wine) is served at your table (like on a european business class flight). the fares depend on the time you travel so try to avoid the rush hours (early morning and evening and take a train during the day) Check with ticket booth. Have fun