Reload this Page >

Train from Florence to Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 09:07 AM
Jessycat

I am going to be in Florence and also need to know how expensive it is to take the train to Venice and how long it takes to get there.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 09:47 AM
Steve James

Hello Jessycat, <BR> <BR>Journey time and cost depends on the type of train you catch. <BR> <BR>Inter-city trains take approx. 3 hours 10 minutes. The fare is:- <BR>36.300 lire 2nd class <BR>50.400 lire 1st class <BR> <BR>Eurostar trains take approx. 2 hours 50 minutes. The fare is:- <BR>49.700 lire 2nd class <BR>50.400 lire 1st class <BR> <BR>These are single fares. <BR> <BR>For timetables see:- <BR> <BR>www.fs-on-line.com <BR> <BR>Hope this helps... <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 10:55 AM
Jessyca

Thanks Steve - It does help. I appreciate it. Jessycat

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 11:11 AM
Kristin

I did this a couple of years ago with some girlfriends...we used the intercity but I would recommend the eurostar if you can afford it. Its a lot more comfort (A/C) for a bit more money. Have a great time.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:57 PM
Amanda

Jessycat, Be warned! As well as buying your ticket, reserve a seat. Friends travelling from Florence to Venice in January didn't and had to spend a lot of the trip sitting on their bags in the corridor the train was so packed.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 08:34 PM
xyz

TAKE the EuroStar (on the 'fs' website, it's abbreviated as ES) --- it's not that much more expensive, however is more comfortable and a tad quicker. Second class on the ES for your Firenze-Venezia trip will be fine, costing about $25 USD. It is a popular route, so would be best to purchase your tickets a few days ahead of time.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 02:38 AM
Steve James

Correction! <BR> <BR>Eurostar 1st class fare above should read: <BR> <BR>73.700lire <BR> <BR>Steve <BR> <BR>