Train from CDG to Bruxelles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the train go directly from airport to Bruxelles or do you change? How long is trip? Help !1 Thanks
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Yes, some Thalys and TGVs go directly from CDG2 to Brussels Midi. Thalys.com has timetable.

About 5 per weekday, at 7:44, 10:46, 12:43, 15:58 and 19:18. Takes about 73 minutes.

Direct TGVs at 9:41, 16:46, 17:49, 18:49. About 90-100 minutes.

Or you can take RER back to Paris Gare du Nord, and then take Thals. Will take about 127 minutes total.
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Just the info I needed-thanks so much RKK!
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM

I have found a lot of good advice on this board from last year regarding taking trains directly from CDG to Brussels.

However, despite this advice, and after searching various sites on the internet, I can't figure out how to book a train from CDG to Brussels in late August, even though I can find various schedules on the internet.

Which web site is best to use to purchase tickets? Exactly which station at CDG should I buy the ticket from? Assuming we have purchased in advance on the internet, will we be able to obtain the ticket at the train station at CDG, or can we get an eticket, or how does it work? Any other suggestions?

We are scheduled to arrive at CDG from the US at 745 AM (Continental), though of course we are not confident that the flight will be on time. How long does it take to get from the airplane arrival gate to the train station? What train departure time do you think would be safe? Are there more expensive fares that would allow us to avoid paying a huge amount if it turns out we miss our train and need to take a later one? Someone on this board suggested insurance--does that allow you to take a later train at the same fare, or just entitle you to a refund?

We will be returning from Brussels to Paris Nord the following week. Is there any way to get a roundtrip ticket even though we are departing from CDG and returning to Paris Nord? I'm confident we will be on time for the return train.

Thanks very much.

Len
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 03:37 AM
ira

Hi RC

At www.voyages-sncf.com enter Roissy (95) and Bruxelles.

Leave the country "France".

If you can get a 35E PREMS ticket, you will be able to print it out online.

Otherwise, you will receive a confirmation number.

Take the confirmation and the same CC you used to buy the tickets to the ticket agent at CDG TGV.

You must stamp this ticket in the yellow box at the head of the track before you get on the train.

You can buy your return ticket at the same time you buy your outbound ticket.

RT costs the dame as one way.

Which train you take depends on too many variables.

Enjoy your visit.

Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:12 AM

If you do the 35 e PREM then leave lots of fudge time between plane and train as these tickets i believe on non-changeable non-refundable if your flight is delayed - leave time for bags to trickle out and lines at Customs booths and getting to the TGV CDG train station.

And if you miss the train then you'd have to buy a much much more expensive ticket at full price.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:14 AM
ira

Hi PQ,

Insurance is now available for PREMS tickets.

Old Jul 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM

Roissy no longer shows up on the Thalys website, and I vaguely remember reading somewhere late last year that it stopped going there?