Reload this Page >

Train-Airport in Rome

Search

Train-Airport in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:35 AM
xxx

Train-Airport in Rome

Has anyone taken the connection from the train station (termini) in Rome to the airport? Would we be better off getting a cab? Thanks. <BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:25 AM
cheryl

the train from the station to the airport is very good.It goes straight through and drops you off right at the airport.It is much cheaper than a taxi.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 04:36 PM
leslie

Depends where you're staying, how many people & how much luggage. We found taking a taxi to be less of a hassle, and although more expensive - it wasn't much more (considering train ticket x2 & trans. to Termini). We were staying near the Trevi Ftn, so to get to Termini we had to either drag our bags to the nearest train station or take a taxi. From memory, a taxi from airport/city was about $40 US. But, if your hotel is close to Termini & you don't have much luggage - no reason not to take the train. AGain from memory, I think a one way ticket was about $10-$12 per person??

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 05:29 PM
Capo

It also depends what time your flight leaves, as I don't believe the trains to the airport start running until around 6 or 7 a.m. We checked into taking the train to the airport (since we took it from the airport to Termini and it was a breeze) but since we had to be at the airport about 4 a.m., it didn't work out for us so we took a taxi instead. As I recall the taxi from where we were staying (near the Piazza del Popolo) to the airport was about L70,000 (approx. $35) which (I believe) included a late evening/early morning surcharge.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Tom

I received a quote today from www.limoservicerome.com. Four of us will be turning in our rental car at FCO and going to our hotel in the Campo dei Fiori area and were quoted 75000LIT or about $37. On our return to the airport on a Sunday we were quoted 90000LIT or about $45. Sounds reasonable and easy to me. Has anyone used this service? <BR>Regards - Tom