Search

Tours of Italy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Jodi

Tours of Italy

My husband and I are going to Rome and Florence for 3 nights each, and then to Venice for 2 nights for our honeymoon. What is the best way to get tours of these cities? Also, can anyone help us as to what cities we should definitely go to for day trips? How do we go about getting them?

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 01:55 PM
wendy

What are looking to discover in these cities? Do you want a full day or half-day tour? <BR> <BR>Best, Wendy

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Howard

You're really not in any of these cities long enough to take day trips elsewhere. There is so much to see and do just in all three cities. Besides, you're on your honeymoon. Relax and enjoy it! <BR>As for tours, American Express is always reliable. Check out your local Amex travel office for info. Chances are you can probably arrange for them once to get to each city.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Sue

Jodi, <BR> <BR> I called American Express to ask about their day trips to Siena and San Gimignano. The travel agent told me they would be happy to arrange a tour for $700! www.initaly.com offers a similar tour for around $340. You might try them - or www.scalareale.com. Or a good travel agent. American Express just sounded incredibly expensive. Your hotels in each of these cities might also have suggestions on tours that would be cheaper than all of the above. I'm still doing research for our upcoming trip to those same cities.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 08:29 PM
liz

Jodi, I totally agree with Howard! Just get a good guide book and give yourself a tour. Walk around the city in honeymoon bliss and just get lost. Sounds kind of corny but I'd rather be gazing into my partners eyes than listening to a history lesson. Do your homework before you leave and relax and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you everywhere while you are there! <BR>Good Luck and congratulations!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Gerry

Sue: Saw you post this before. The prices you quote are very expensive. They could be accurate if it is for an overnight stay including hotel. But, a normal day trip tour of Siena and San... can be done for well under $100 per person. Saw one quote of 85,000 lira per person for all day tour. Saw prices on web from Greenline, Carrari or somewhere but can't find website now. You don't have to book this excursion until you get to Florence. Forget that travel agent! <BR>Jodi: You'll have more than enough to do without sidetrips.