Reload this Page >

Tours for "Foodies"

Search

Tours for "Foodies"

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2000, 04:59 AM
Bob Neuman

Tours for "Foodies"

I love good restaurants and was wondering if there are any guided tours of neat eating places in Italy and/or France. Thanks. Bob Neuman

Old May 10th, 2000, 05:06 AM
elaine

here are two websites for Italian <BR>foodie tours <BR>www.icif.com <BR>www.italianculinary.com <BR>re the latter one, a friend of mine is going on one of their tours next month, concentrating on the Lake area <BR>One price includes accommodations and all meals, at some pretty great places. <BR>That website is the organization that also publishes the Cucina Italiana <BR>magazine <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 10th, 2000, 03:14 PM
kam

Recommend the Plotkin book, Italy for the Gourmet Traveler, if you want to go it on your own or in selecting a guided tour.

Old May 10th, 2000, 07:32 PM
Rex

Bob, <BR> <BR>What month? I am quite interested in putting such a trip together for September or October. I have considerable experience and would be delighted to talk with you further, if you would like to write to me directly. <BR> <BR>Rex Bickers <BR>Westerville, Ohio <BR> <BR>I understand that the famous Dr. Betty Fordor is accomplished in the appreciation of fine foods and wines - - Betty?

Old May 12th, 2000, 02:30 PM
Rex

To the top - - for Betty

Old May 12th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Betty Fordor

Now Rex, don't get me started. I swoon at the thought of actually being in France and Italy to partake of the many feasts that await me there. It helps me maintain a positive and hopeful outlook for the future... gives me improved stamina for my daily work rounds. The best part is staying on the farm, with 60 acres of lavender fields out the front door, fresh produce of organic lamb, delicate tomatoes, herbs, polenta, and a kitchen to prepare it in. That's the farm in Provence, outside of Forcalquier. Then there's the farmhouse in Cavriglia, near Montevarchi, that will be another discovery where the vegetables and herbs grow wild out your back door. The pergola has a brick oven. <BR> <BR>Forgive me Bob, lost in thought here. By the time I get back in mid July, I might have the design of one for you. When are you going? <BR> <BR>God Bless, <BR>Betty