Search

Touring Sicily

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 08:14 AM
Lynn

Touring Sicily

I am leaving for Sicily tomorrow. Any recommendations of what to see and do including restaurants ( not too expensive ). Will be staying near Messina but will have a car.

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 08:31 AM
Bill Barr

Undoubtedly make your way to Taormina and enjoy the speactular setting this beautiful little town has. Take the opportunity to see the ancient Roman theatre there and marvel at the Mount Etna backdrop it's patrons had. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip! <BR> <BR>Bill

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 08:34 AM
Richard Vicek

Not knowing your time restraints,would suggest <BR>Taorimina and Catania, another hour south to Syracuse, all three are individual and interesting. <BR>Would suggest picking up a Guide book Baedekers Sicily or surfing these web sites. <BR>www.sicily.cres.it/ <BR>www.sicily.net.it/ <BR>www.vol.it/traget.turismo <BR>www.sistemia.it/ <BR>www.etonline.it/ <BR>www.neomedia.it/ <BR>www.sicily-infocom.it/ <BR>good surfing, have a good trip. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, IL....

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 08:37 AM
Richard Vicek

Not knowing your time restraints,would suggest <BR>Taorimina and Catania, another hour south to Syracuse, all three are individual and interesting. <BR>Would suggest picking up a Guide book Baedekers Sicily or surfing these web sites. <BR>www.sicily.cres.it/ <BR>www.sicily.net.it/ <BR>www.vol.it/traget.turismo <BR>www.sistemia.it/ <BR>www.etonline.it/ <BR>www.neomedia.it/ <BR>www.sicily-infocom.it/ <BR>good surfing, have a good trip. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, IL....

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 04:35 PM
Frank

The greatest sights in Sicily are the temples near Agrigento, the one in Segesta; and if it's not erupting, go up Mt.Etna. I saw the temples near Agrigento in the evening and approached it in a car with a private guide. There is a winding road up to the spotlighted temples. At the beginning of the climb the guide put Bach's "Air on a G String" on the stereo. The music, the approach and the temples are to me one of the greatest sights in the world.