Search

Tour Recommendations for Normandy Day Trip from Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2023, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tour Recommendations for Normandy Day Trip from Paris

Hello,

I’m looking for recommendations for a private or small group day tour to the D-Day sites in Normandy from Paris. I would prefer a tour that includes transportation directly from Paris as opposed to taking the train to Carentan.

Thanks very much!
Old Feb 19th, 2023, 07:01 PM

My sister did this Overlord tour a few years ago and enjoyed it. It’s a long day and you do have to get your own train from Paris (pretty easy to do). My husband and I had used this company many years ago and recommended it to her. I know she’s glad she did it.

https://www.overlordtour.com/product...eek-days-only/
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 12:27 PM

If you're willing to take the train to Bayeux first thing on your own, you can get an excellent tour from Overlord.

If you want transportation included, you can google any normandy d-day by bus tour. They are pretty much interchangeable.
Old Feb 28th, 2023, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! We wound up booking with Overlord. It’s going to mean an early morning, but we’re looking forward to it!
Old Feb 28th, 2023, 07:59 AM

Four of us did this with Overlord in November 2019–train about 7 am leaving Paris, arriving Bayeux shortly after 9. Just the four of us with the guide—did I book it that way or was it because it was November? Our travel companions wanted to see the Bayeux tapestry too so the guide tweaked his day’s agenda and dropped us there as our last destination of the day, then picked us up to take us to the train station. Unfortunately, we arrived at the tapestry too late in the day to see the final showing of the film but we had plenty of time with the audio guide. It was a long and fascinating and full day!
Old Feb 28th, 2023, 08:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Everybody recommends Overlord. Maybe it is the best, but I have never used a tour to go to that area atlhough obviously it is preferable for people who don't want to drive. There must be other companies though, but nobody ever mentions any names -- or complaints -- so it would be interesting if somebody came up with additional tour companies and their rates.