Search

torremolinos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 03:01 PM
natalie

torremolinos

going for 3 weeks 2/14-3/7. would appreciate any helpful information and where to go reasonably close day trip.thanks natalie

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 03:29 PM
Maira

Natalie--- Torremolinos is a sprawling urban city with lots to do in the summer and dead the rest of the year. Not your typical Andalucian city, by far. The best about Torremolinos then becomes its proximity to many sights, offering plenty of day trip opportunities. I suggest you rent a car and head out to Malaga, Granada, Ronda, Mijas, Marbella, Route of the White Villages, and Gibraltar. Then, I would pack and head out to Cordova for a couple of days and the remainder in Seville.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 05:49 PM
doc

Are you arranging your own trip or will you be part of a group? My wife and I were there just over a year ago when we stayed at the Bajondillo. Let me know if you'd like additional details. Have fun!

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 09:39 AM
doc

doc, we are going with grand circle and staying at the don pablo. have only had negative reports so glad to see yours.would appreciate some more info from you,we have never had a bad time anywhere and travel alot , goin in feb for 3 weeks. thanks

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Pedro

Torremolinos is not certainly the most attractive place in Andalucia but it can be a good base to explore really interesting places. At first, I need to say that those dates are among my favourite ones to travel around Andalucia. The landscape is beautiful! Eating seafood in La Carihuela ( the old fishing village ) can be very nice, <BR>specially Casa Guaquin and Casa Juan. Some day trips from there could be: <BR> <BR>Nerja-Almuņecar-Salobreņa ( three picturesque towns and a beautiful cave ). <BR> <BR>Antequera-El Torcal Natural Park (strongly reccommended, monumental city and rocky chaos ). <BR> <BR>El Chorro Gorge, Bobastro church ( s.X )hike and the reservoirs. <BR> <BR>Some of the interior villages: Mijas ( touristy ), Coin, Monda, Casares. <BR> <BR>Marbella-Ronda ( the old town of Marbella and the whole Ronda are a must see in Malaga province.) <BR> <BR>Gibraltar <BR> <BR>Malaga city ( The alcazaba, the roman theatre and the old quarter around the cathedral. Also nice the views from Gibralfaro Parador ) <BR> <BR>Grazalema-Zahara de la Sierra ( both astonishing white villages. ) <BR> <BR>I hope it can be helpful for you.