Toilets in Dubrovnik

Search

Toilets in Dubrovnik

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toilets in Dubrovnik

I have a chance of a trip to Dubrovnik but........................I was born with a bowel problem and it means when I need the toilet I need it pretty much immediately.

So, my question is, what sort of toilet facilities can I expect in Dubrovnik.
Do they have public toilets in the town and by the beach? Can I pop into a cafe and use their facilities (buying a drink at the same time maybe). Has anybody any idea how I will get on please? Do shops ever have toilets that customers can use?

I accept that I may not find conventional English toilets (I could stay in England for my hols if I didn't fancy a change) and that I may have to use squats when out and about.

Thanks
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM

It's not a problem at all, there are public facilities and you can use the cafe/ restaurant facilities too.
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 02:59 AM

There are lots of places to use the toilet around the Old Town. You can walk into most cafes to use it if you need to. There is a free public toilet near the Ploce Gate and it is easy to walk in and out of Gradska Kavana (coffee shop near Rector's palace) to use their toilet without sitting down to have a drink if you need to. It is a very busy, large cafe. The standard of toilets is generally very high in Croatia and I have not seen squats there.
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 07:24 AM

The "no squats" toilet sounds good.
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM

The public toilets by the Ploce Gate are fairly new, all shiny stainless steel - but they are squats.

Most cafes don't seem to mind if you use their facilities but I usually try to buy a drink there.

If you walk the Walls you won't find toilets up there, although I think there might be one by the little cafe.
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 12:45 AM

That's right! I just realized that those public toilets are squats. I think they are the only ones I have seen in Croatia. Generally the quality of the facilities is quite good, closer to the Austrian standard than the Italian standard.
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 04:44 AM

Yes, julia is right, there is a toilet on the City Walls. Maybe about halfway round-ish. Can't remember how long the Walls took us to walk but I'd guess a good an hour and a half so you may be quite some distance from the toilet.

There are also toilets near to where you buy tickets for the City Walls.