TO MADRID SPAIN AND SOUTH-HELP

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

TO MADRID SPAIN AND SOUTH-HELP

I am planning a trip to Spain in September.
I plan on staying in Madrid Sunday and Monday. Would like to take a train to Granada, stay there for (not sure how many days to allow) On to Cordoba and to Sevilla for (not sure how many days to allow) Then back to Madrid for a couple days I figure I have almost 9 days to see this part of the country. What do you all think. I am a very going person. Is there more I can fit in? Would love to see the sea also.
Any help given would be much appreciated. I am a very young 65 year old female with losts of energy. Any ideas on less expensive hotels or bed and breakfasts. Around 50 or so. Less would be great
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 08:43 AM

For inexpensvie lodging go to www.madridman.com for a very complete list of hostals.
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
kja

It depends on what you want to see and do, but there is more than enough to see in Madrid, Granada, Cordoba, and Sevilla to keep you busy for 9 days. If you do want to fit more in, you might consider visiting either Toledo or Sevilla from Madrid. You might want to check into open-jaw flights to avoid backtracking to Madrid. Also check the opening hours for things you want to see - as I recall, many things in these cities are closed on Mondays.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM

Hi,

Keep in mind that when visiting Granada you must see the Al Hambra. One thing, you need A RESERVATION! Call first or book it online, lots of people just show up and wind up being turned away.

good luck!

http://www.allabout-languages.com
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Yes, on the Alhambra, definitely get this reserved in advance. It takes all day to see, and involves a lot of walking through this fortress/paradise. I think this is a full (but do-able) itinerary for 9 days. My DH and I spent 2 weeks last fall in Cordoba, Granada and Madrid. One thing: you will have better luck taking a bus than trains for some of your travel. It's more inexpensive, there are more departure options, and the busses are clean. We took a train from Madrid to Cordoba, but then a bus from Cordoba to Granada, and Granada back to Madrid where we spent a week.