Search

Tips for Spain?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Rita

Tips for Spain?

I'd like to plan a trip to Spain and since it is my first would like any advice available. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Myer

I don't think anybody will answer a question like that with anything other than read a good travel guide, then depending upon the number of days you have start planning an itinerary. Select Spain above and start reading about other's plans and experiences. That's what I did and that's what thousands of others do. <BR>Then start asking specific questions. It is impossible to answer at this level. <BR>

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 02:16 PM
elaine

This is just too good a coincidence, given what else is happening on this board today regarding travel to Spain. <BR>Forgive any suspicions; if your request is genuine then Spain experts (I am not one) will need more facts: When, how long, how much money, your interests, driving or taking trains, etc. <BR>Take the above advice and browse among the guidebooks in your library or bookstore. Choose one as your basic guide, read it, and gather some ideas which you then could run by people here. <BR>good luck

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Nikki

Hi Rita! Why don't you request a free Spain tourism package from www.okspain.org It's packed with excellent literature, photos and very helpful tips. I travel to Spain every year. It's such a beautiful & cultural country. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Karen

Just got back from my first trip to Spain last friday. I'll tell you all that fits into this text box.I'd be happy to answer questions by e mail. <BR>1. Get a travel book for Spain then get additional books for every city you want to visit. The Internet is great for this. Make sure they are small since you'll be carrying them around. Don't bother buying maps. Use the ones in the books. You'll find plenty of free maps when you get there. <BR>2.Travel by train, unless you have your mind set on driving. It's cheap, fast, comfortable and very efficient. <BR>3. If you don't smoke, get ready.It seems like everybody smokes even where it's not allowed. If you do, you'll be in heaven. <BR>4. Use the Metro in Madrid and Barcelona.It's the best way to get around these cities without walking yourself to death, specially if you don't have much time. <BR>5. Don't be afraid of pickpockets. You just have to be very careful and take precautions. Find out all you can about this. Knowledge is the best way to stay safe. <BR>6. Be careful with food if you're very picky with it. Lots of strange stuff on the menus. Fast foods available everywhere if you need them.