Reload this Page >

Tipping maids in hotels - different question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 09:23 AM
lisa

I know this subject has been covered as far as how much to tip, but would like to know WHEN to tip the maid - each day or at the end of our stay. <BR> <BR>Thank you!

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Jean Valjean

At the end of the stay. <BR>

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 12:07 PM
nancy

Lisa, <BR>we stayed at a hotel down in Formia, Italy. <BR>I was going to tip daily, in case different staff came in to do up the rooms. <BR>But, they did not take the money I left, even though I left it daily. <BR>So, at the end, I left an amount, with a note (actually a postcard of my home state) stating that this was a tip! <BR> <BR>We thought maybe they were reluctant to pick up the tip, in case it was just money left behind. <BR> <BR>so, this really doesn't answer your question, but this was our experience.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Phyllis Stein

I always leave a bit each day, as nancy says, in case different staff members have charge of my room. I can honestly say I've never experienced any shyness when it came to taking the money!

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 01:11 PM
justfunnin

If it is anything like tipping cows, you got to wait until they go to sleep.