COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Time needed to get from CDG to Orly

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Time needed to get from CDG to Orly

I am arriving into CDG at 7.20 am on a Singapore Airlines flight and need to get to Orly to catch a 13.30 easy jet flight to Rome.

Am I allowing myself enough time as I have to be in Rome that night.?

Plus which is the quickest and easiest way to get to Orly from CDG.

Your assistance appreciated
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 05:09 AM

Should be plenty of time - one way to go and perhaps the fastest would be to take the RER from CDG to Antony (direct trains available) and hop on the Orly VAL - an elevated shuttle train from Antony right to the terminals at Orly.

Pretty easy, pretty fast - there may be special buses linking CDG and Orly - not sure but the RER is guaranteeably fast any bus could get snarled in some of Paris' obnoxious traffic stalls.

www.rtp.com or www.ratp.fr is the Parisian transports web site with info and maps - just buy a thru ticket from CDG RER stations to Orly via Antony. Very frequent trains.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 07:48 AM

Yes there is the CDG-Orly shuttle service from the AirFrance bus. It is 20 euros

http://www.lescarsairfrance.com/en/o...an-line-3.html

http://www.lescarsairfrance.com/en/o...uttle-bus.html

Here is what the site says about the timing:

Buses going to Paris airports also connect Orly and Roissy Charles de Gaulle airports together. This direct and practical route is a 1:30 drive on average. From Orly to Roissy, the buses depart every 30 minutes from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm. The frequency is the same from Roissy to Orly, from 5:55 am to 10:30 pm. The service proposed by les Cars Air France between the two airports runs 7 days a week, with a luggage service at each stop and accessible coaches for people with reduced mobility.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 08:07 AM

If taking the RER, I would consider a stop in central Paris for an hour or two en route, assuming all is on time. The RER will probably go through anyway. At least get out and walk around the Notre Dame and St. Germain or something convenient to a RER stop. Sit at a cafe and have a meal. If you have big bags, you could stow them perhaps at Gare du Nord and take the Metro around for an hour or something, but that could get too complicated for some people.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 09:43 AM

http://www.bpoluxurytransportation.c...orly-paris-cdg

you can even arrange to go by helicopter!