Tim Hotel Palais Royal Louvre - recommendation

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I would like to know your experience if you have. I plan on being in Paris in June and understand that this one is close to the Louvre. I will only have a day and half and want to spend most of the time in the Louvre.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:30 PM

I don't have any personal experience, but I considered it for my trip next week and I researched this and thought about this pretty carefully. I'm thinking of staying some place nicer.

There're some reviews on Tripadvisor. They are mostly fine, so I'm inclined it's fine unless you're picky.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Actually I misread your e-mail. The closer one is actually Timhotel Le Louvre (and this is the one I considered).

You mentioned the one that's further north, which doesn't have as good reviews on Tripadvisor. It may still be adequate for your purpose, but you should take that into consideration.
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM

I stayed at this hotel several years ago so I can't give a recent experience. The first night we were moved to a real dump because they had overbooked. The only good thing was the dump had the most amazing view of the dome of Sacre Coeur. They paid our taxi both ways and were really very nice.

It's next to the Passage Vivienne and we liked the location. But we are good walkers. One or two streets over are a lot of decorating shops mostly for the trade I think. It was a great trip (even though we wandered around for over an hour because we couldn't find it). That always colors my view. I think you can get closer to the Louvre for the price.
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Whoops, I didn't rate it. I liked the hotel, cleanliness and service.
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM

i stayed here with my mom two years ago.

room was small. as was bathroom. but i loved the price.. was perfect for us, with a bus at the door that goes to the marais.. plenty of taxis around, too.

enjoyed walking through the teatre comedienne. it is on a quiet side street.

passage vivienne and several renown restaurants are in the immediate area.

breakfast was simple but i remember yogurt, cereal, bread and some fresh fruit . staff was pretty helpful.

this is not an upscale place, but clean and well located. i would go back if the price was good.

funnily another friend also chose this hotel and we realized we stayed at the same place talking one day. she also liked it and thought it was a bargain for paris.
(we both went in the winter and paid 88 or 90 some euros with tax and breakfast included on www.gtahotels.com)

Old May 27th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

I thank all of you for your input. Is there a better place around the Louvre with just a bit more cost, that you would recommend?
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM

You could just as easily stay across the Seine in the 5th, where there are any number of lower-priced hotels. Getting to the Louvre by the métro is very easy and quick, and cafés/restaurants will be lower in price than those in the 1st.
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:42 PM

What is the room rate you are targeting, so we can give practical advice..?