Reload this Page >

Tickets for Muse du Louvre PARIS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 03:24 AM
Mich.

Hi, <BR>We will be in Paris (2 days)in April. <BR>Where can I buy tickets for the Muse du Louvre.( Only the Louvre not a pass for three ou four muse...) <BR>Is it possible by internet for Canadian people? Thank

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 04:19 AM
Ann

I've always just bought them at the door on arrival. It's never been a problem unless there is a very special exhibition on.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 04:23 AM
Randy

When I was there in September you could purchase the tickets from a person at a counter or there was a seperate line to purchase them with a credit card from a machine. I used the machine and the line seemed to move quickly.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 04:34 AM
Ann

You can buy the tickets in advance from FNAC stores in France, or from their website (all in French). They sell tickets for all sorts of exhibitions and concerts there and for normal Louvre entry.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 08:33 AM
elvira

http://www.louvre.fr/louvrea.htm <BR> <BR>you can buy tickets on line; great site, too, for info on the Louvre

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Jerald

When you get off the train you should goto the ATM & get your Francs & you can purchase the Louvre tickets there also to avoid the long lines at the Museum. Cost is 46FF per person, children under 18 free. We were there last week & the lines were long & the cloakroom was full. You may want to get an english language tour to maximize your coverage since your time is short. I forget the price but it is reasonable & helps you enjoy it more. Enjoy

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:15 AM
elaine

If you don't want a guided tour there <BR>are acousti-guides (tape players) for do-it-yourselfers. YOu also can get a free map when you go inside.By all means take a look at the website Elvira recommended and do a little reading before you go so you can narrow down what you want to see in the Louvre. <BR>Here's another website-- <BR>A good article to give you an orientation to the Louvre: <BR>www.canoe.ca/TravelEurope/louvre.html <BR>If you happen to be in Paris on a <BR>Monday or Wednesday, the Louvre is open until after 9pm, but not all sections are open--still it may help you fit in what you want to see <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 06:26 AM
Marcos Velez

I investigated the web site mentioned by Elvira and it is excellent. According to their website, you can buy tickets from the US by going to ticketweb.com, but when I visited that site I found out that they no longer sell tickets to the Louvre. So, thank you to all the other people that have also given us hints on how to get tickets while in Paris! <BR> <BR>Marcos

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 09:35 AM
rbw

Get a museum pass, available for 1-5 days, either at a metro station in Paris or before you go at raileurope.com. You can use it for many museums and monuments and will avoid long lines at the Louvre.