Three Venice Hotels to Choose From

Dec 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Three Venice Hotels to Choose From

Room rates, type of room (including breakfast) being equal, can anyone provide information about these hotels located in Venice. If the time of year matters, it will be May 6 to May 14, 2012.

Locanda di Orsaria
Hotel al Piave
Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo
Dec 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
RJD

Prime time for travel. It would be best to make a choice and try to book soon.
Dec 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Locanda di Orsaria- based on location alone I would not choose this place. It is just off a very busy, unpleasant street lined with tacky shops. I would stay here only if you needed to be very close to the train station for some reason.

Hotel al Piave - good location, but I know nothing about the quality of the hotel

Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo - I've stayed here three times and would do so again. I love this place fr its quiet yet convenient location and pleasant level of service. It is my recent favorite in Venice. You can read about my 8-night stay here.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...rip-report.cfm
Dec 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM

I stayed at Al Ponte Mocenigo last year. I liked it very much however can't compare to the others since I dont know those. We were in a superior room at the annex and that worked very well. Close proximity to a vaporetto stop is a plus.
Dec 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

ellenem and cruiseluv,

Thank you for your candid comments. Actually, I was leaning toward the Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo...it looks lovely online.
Dec 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM

We stayed at Locanda di Orsaria in September. It was one of the only hotels that would allow a one night stay. We were there for a cruise and have been to Venice many times so we only wanted the one night. It is a small hotel. We had no noise at all. Our room was nice and clean. Free wifi. Good breakfast included. No elevator. Very nice staff. We would stay there again.
Dec 10th, 2011, 01:43 AM

www.booking.comwill have recent honest reviews for me

Mocenigo for m of your 3...

Might have a look ar betterbidding.com

5 stars like Hilton Molino Stuky for me

bidding priceline $120-180/nt www.betterbidding.com

Also last year for me in May www.bauervenzia.com

another great San Marco 5 star $229 otel.com orbitz.com

5 stars are great for similar price points sometimes.

Happy Hunting!
Dec 10th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

qwovadis, I can't decipher your message. Please explain.
Dec 10th, 2011, 03:57 AM

I stayed at Hotel al Ponte Mocenigo in 2005 and liked it a lot - they were in the top three rated hotels via Trip Advisor ratings back then (can't remember the exact rating - but I was skeptical at that time because the price was so much lower than the other highly rated hotels/b&b's on TA-- and it turned out great! I see that they are #1 on TA now and with the positive recent reviews from Fodorites above- It's nice to see they must still be doing things right!

The owners were great and I have fond memories of the place. The location was good for walking to the train station with rolling luggage - and I preferred to be away from the main plaza location during the day.