Thoughts from the Greece Lovers

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. We're heading to Greece at the end of May, 4 nights in Crete and 3 in Athens. I've burn lurking on this board for a bit and feel comfortable about driving around Crete (we've rented a car). My husband and I want to take a day tour out of Delphi and wonder if you can recommend a tour that really isn't just one long boring bus ride? I'd also appreciate any night life suggestions in Athens and yummy restaurants that aren't pricey.
Thanks!
Jean
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:55 AM

ttt for a new poster
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:27 AM

On my web site, I have my list of restaurants from my trip to Greece. See http://greece2001mjp.homestead.com/grrest01.html (scroll to the bottom).

Have a great time!

Monica
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:44 AM
cmt

It has been too long since I have been to Greece, but I just want to suggest that you clarify your question: Do you mean a tour OUT to Delphi? If so, to where? Or do you mean a tour FROM Athens TO Delphi? Long ago, I did it both ways: once on some bus tour day trip from Athens to Delphi, and once just by taking the regular train (I'm pretty sure it was the train, not a public bus), and then staying overnight. Either way, what you see in Delphi will make up for any boredom on the tour bus or stress in taking the train (actually I remember no stress).
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Monica, I printed out your restaurant suggestions. I am looking for someone to help me answer this question: What's the best way (in terms of seeing the sights, comfort. ease) to get from Athens to Delphi for a one-day trip? We are considering a Chat tour (recommended by someone here) or hiring a private taxi. But a private taxi is expensive (220 -280 euros) vs. 160 euros for two to take the tour bus. I'm just afraid with the bus tour we won't have much time in Delphi. We only have one day for this so what would you all recommend?

Jean