Thistle Hotel, Lancaster Gate

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Cathy

Thistle Hotel, Lancaster Gate

Has anyone stayed at the Thistle Hotel, Lancaster Gate, on Bayswater road in London? IIf so, please let me know if you would recommend it. Ta, Cathy

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 05:47 AM
dave

Cathy, I stayed at the Thistle Hotel Lancaster Gate this summer, through a BA promotion. I thought it was your typical English hotel, the room was very clean, bathroom also very clean. From the outside it does not look as nice as it is inside. I would stay there again.

If you would like I can answer specific questions, let me know and I will e-mail you.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 06:56 AM
carolyn

Cathy, we stayed at the Thistle Lancaster Gate the last night of a tour. It is a large hotel that caters to tour groups, but that shouldn't bother you unless you are looking for total charm. It has good bathrooms and is roomy enough. Our breakfast was included, and the hotel is just behind Kensington Park. We walked in the park and had tea at the Orangery, which served as our supper.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Heather B.

Hello,

I stayed at the Thistle Lancanster Gate this past July and would stay there again. The room was comfortable and spacious compared to other hotels. Breakfast was a very nice buffet. The restaurant also serves dinner. The coffee was pretty good, unlike some other hotels I've stayed at. I enjoyed being across from Hyde Park and being able to wander around some green space while waiting to check in. There are also some small grocery stores along the side road near the hotel. The tourist buses, city buses, & the A2 bus from Heathrow stop very close by.

You also might consider the Thistle Bloomsbury Park.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 09:29 PM
Cathy

Thank you very much, its comforting to hear it is a clean decent hotel. Thank you