This may actually happen - Greece in June questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was able to get my dear husband to actually verbally committ to a trip to Greece in June! Yippeee..So I have been reading this board and posting and getting help from you all. Need more help. Someone suggested flying into Athens and then taking off immediately for one of our destinations and then ending in Athens. Great idea. We know we want to go to Santorini. I contacted Aris Caves about availability for 3 nights and they said they only book for 4 or more. SO, I wrote back that we will stay 4. Now, what other island? We want to stay about 10 days and need three for Athens, then 4 for Santorini, sooo...Mykonos, Naxos, or ??? What would you do? We would like the travel time kept to a minimum so we can enjoy the islands and Athens. Thanks!
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 04:50 AM

Hi Rb - I spent 2 weeks on Mykonos with a day on Naxos - and wished I'd done the reverse.

Mykonos town is picturesque - but unless you just want beach time or are into the Mykonos party scene I'd choose Naxos.

(If you had longer I'd recommend Crete - but 3 days is far too short to do it justice).

JMHO ...

Steve

Old Sep 6th, 2008, 05:01 AM

If you are going to Greece, don't you want to see Greece? Some good tours available.
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Cyberia - that's what I was thinking! Should we just go to Santorini and then spend the rest of the time in Athens and renting a car and driving to sights we want to see on the mainland (sorry, haven't done enough research yet to even know what they are!). Our son, who studied abroad in Greece talks about Naphlion (sp?) as someplace special. Thanks for the input.
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Hello there. I live in Greece and I'd say that Nafplion is a really beautiful town and you can pass through Epidavrus on your way to Nafplion, which is an ancient town with a magnificent ancient theatre, where they still perform great shows (www.greekfestival.gr). You could stay at Nafplia Palace which is a top-notch hotel. Enjoy!