Reload this Page >

This is giving me a headache!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Vanessa

OK guys, I've done hours and days of research reading books, here and net searches and I am totally overwhelmed with too many possibilities re apartment accommodation in London. (10 days, May , kids.)<BR>It is all giving me a headache!<BR><BR>I have finally wittled it down to a shortlist of 2.<BR><BR>Make it easy for me now and just tell me one way or the other for whatever reason - should I go for the acommodation nearest to...<BR><BR>1)Notting Hill Gate <BR>or<BR>2)Goodge Street/Tottenham Court<BR><BR>You have saved me a migraine.<BR>Vanessa

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:48 PM
topper

topping for Vanessa<BR>I would pick Notting Hill Gate.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:55 PM
ron

Goodge Street - way more central. Notting Hill Gate is 6 tube stops west of Tottenham Court Road and the centre of London.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Art

Sorry, but after seing 2 responses, I think that you are in for a migraine. Suggest that at this point you flip a coin.<BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Mel P

You didn't say how old your kids are, but if they are not (all) teenagers, then I'd pick Notting Hill Gate. It's more neighborhood like and close to Hyde and Holland Parks where you can go and let them run around a bit. Wouldn't worry about being smack in the middle of stuff, Notting Hill Gate is still close to places and the Tube will get you to most of the action in minutes.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Mona

Took the children whilst 14, 15, 16 and stayed on Goodge street. They went down to the University and met some of the students. I felt comfortable for them to take the bus or tube from this area. Both are within a couple of blocks. <BR>Goodge is my pick for you.<BR>Enjoy and relax!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:29 PM
Lucy

I stayed on Gower St (Arran House Hotel) near Goodge St - it was actually a more quiet &amp; relaxed neighbourhood than I expected &amp; very central - easy walking distance to many areas including British Museum.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:41 PM
joe

We too stay at a hotel on Gower st. near the Goodge st. tube.Just got back last week after our third stay there.<BR>We used to take the tube from Goodge, now we just walk to Soho,Covent Garden, Trafalgar etc.<BR>By the time you get down to the tube platform , wait for a train and reverse the process at the other end you could have walked most of the way.<BR>Tottenham Ct. Rd. and Oxford street are great for shopping.Most West End theaters are a 15 min. walk.<BR>The more I stay in Bloomsbury, the more I like it.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 06:44 AM
Lori

Well, we've rented an apartment near Goodge and found it wonderfully convenient to everything. You can also walk to many things. Notting Hill Gate area is OK too but further out, not exactly walking distance to places by any means. Years ago we stayed at a hotel out that way and it seemed quite inconvenient to us.